Having a holistic cancer treatment center in your location can be a good thing if you are seeking and alternative way to treat cancer if it is detected. Can you believe that there are close to two million Americans being diagnosed with cancer per year? One in every three individuals is going to be diagnosed with cancer at some point in time during their life.
Even with all of the technological advances that have occurred over the past 50 years, Western medicine isn’t any closer to finding a cure for cancer than they were years ago. Holistic cancer treatment is becoming popular especially among those who are health concious and want to stay away from the treament of radiation. Below are some ways you can implement after you have consulted with your medical doctor.
- Consume at least a third of your food raw. Avoid charbroiling or frying your food. Opt for steaming, poaching or boiling instead.
- Eliminate or reduce the amount of processed foods, grain-based foods and sugars you consume.
- Consider reducing the amount of protein you take in to one gram for every kilogram you have in lean body weight.
- Avoid any genetically engineered foods. They are often treated with herbicides that are carcinogenic.
- Get your omega-3 to omega-6 fats in balance by reducing the amount of processed oils you take in and using high-quality krill oil instead.
- If you optimize your gut flora, you can reduce any inflammation and strengthen your immune system.
- Exercise can help to lower your insulin levels, which provides you with a low sugar environment that fights off the growth of cancer cells.
- Decrease your chance of getting cancer by half by simply adding in Vitamin D with proper exposure to the sun. This is one of the most fun and relaxing forms of holistic cancer treatment available.
- Make sure your body is getting an adequate amount of restorative sleep.
- Minimize your exposure to any toxins in the environment like chemical cleaners, air fresheners and more.
- Minimize radiation exposure. Try to protect yourself from the radiation in cell phones, CT scans, mammograms, x-rays and more.
- The last form of holistic cancer treatment is to make sure you aren’t suffering from too much stress. Stress is a huge contributor to the disease, so relaxation is key.
Holistic Resource Center in Agoura Hills, CA - Dr. Alan Schwartz, MD. and a number of holistic practitioners including a chiropractor, naturopaths, homeopath, and a massage therapist. They can do bio-electrical screening, NAET allergy removal, and they provide nutritional support, including IVs, diet programs, Poly MVA, PC SPES, homeopathy, and more. 818-597-0966 or fax 818-597-8668.
Holistic Medical Center in Los Angeles is run by Emil Levin, M.D. He also treats viral infections, parasites, allergies, asthma, hepatitis, diabetes, and more, Therapies include infusion, homeopathic, chelation, and vitamins. Phone: 213-650-1789.
Natural Healing Institute in Encinitas is run by Steven R. Schechter, N.D., Ph.D. He also treats AIDS, CFIDS, Epstein-Barr virus, liver disorders, and environmental disorders using therapeutic herbs, supplements, glandular extracts, enzymes, and nutrition. http://www.naturalhealinginst.com/ 760-943-8485
Preventive Medical Center of Marin, is in San Rafael. It is run by Elson M. Haas, M.D. He is a general family practitioner who also does preventive medicine, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and viral infections. He uses detoxification, osteopathy, nutrition, acupuncture, herbals, bodywork, and psychotherapy. The website is www.elsonhaas.com. Scott Anderson is semi-retired, but still works at the clinic. 415-472-2343
Valley Cancer Institute in Los Angeles is run by James Bicher, M.D. They treat brain, bone, throat, thyroid, lungs, breast, liver, pancreas, colon, female, prostate cancer, many more. They use primarily hyperthermia and nutrition along with standard conventional therapy. www.vci.org 310-398-0013
Health Quarter Ministries in Colorado Springs is run by Dr. David Frahm, who wrote the book "A Cancer Battle Plan". They offer a 10 day detox retreat, as they believe proper nutrition heals the body at the cellular level, but before nutritional changes can be effective, detoxing the system must take place. There is a very strong "spiritual" aspect to their program. For information, go to http://www.healthquarters.org/, call (719) 593-8694, or fax (719) 531-7884.
Robert C. Roundtree, M.D., practices at the Helios Health Center in Boulder. He works with many patients who use traditional therapies, so he uses nutritional and herbal supplementation to help reverse damage that can result from chemotherapy and radiation. His goal is to build the immune system back. He has been on sabbatical.
The holistic cancer treatment centers mention above were reference by cancure.org. Futhermore you will find a complete list catagorize by state.